Different Plant Dyes:
- Catechu (brown) - from resin(sticky substance that comes from plant) of acacia tree.
- Fustic (yellow) - from the wood of the fustic tree.
- Henna (orange-red) - from leaves of the henna plant.
- Indigo (blue), is from leaves and stems of the indigo plant.
- Logwood (black) - from the core(heart) of the logwood tree.
- Madder (Turkey red) - from the roots of the madder plant.
- Quercitron (yellow) - from the inner bark of the black oak tree.
- Saffron (yellow) - from stigmas of the common crocus.
- Turmeric (violet) - from roots of the turmeric plant.Major Animal Dyes:
- Cochineal (red) - from bodies of cochineal insects.
- Tyrian Purple (purple or crimson) - from the bodies of some types of marine snails.
- Sepia (brown) - from secretions of several types of cuttlefish.
- Chrome Green - from a compound of chromium and oxygen.
- Chrome Red - from a compound of chromium and lead.
- Chrome Yellow - from a compound of chromic acid and lead.
- Prussian Blue - from a compound of iron and cyanide.